Gents, The holiday season is here, and damn that was fast. Before you panic, I haven’t gotten any gifts yet either, we’ll get through this together. Let’s begin with gifts for the home. It’s easier, one size, generally fits all. There are a few reasons these items all make good gifts
- No Sizing
- Actually Useful
- Instantly Gratifying
Gifts for the Home
- Gold Banded Tumblers by Robert Siegel Studio | Predictably luxe hand made slip cast porcelain tumbler with a 24kt painted gold rim. From the guy that brought you the Rogue Territory collaboration, and they’re limited to 25 of each color. Have at it.
- The Tompkins Scented Candle by Blind Barber | A fantastic bathroom candle with scents of honey, smoke, leather, and lavender; it’s how your bathroom should always smell. In collaboration with local favorite, Joya, it’s presented in a barbicide jar filled with blue wax, reminiscent of barbershops, a nice touch. Hand poured in NYC.
- NYC Plaid Blanket by Pendleton for Ace | Great urban rugged vibe in a grey scale buffalo plaid. 100% Non-scratchy wool in a few different sizes by the legendary Pendleton Woolen Mills.
- Plaid blanket close up and ‘Thanks For Sleeping With Us’ custom tag for Ace Hotels.
- Thomas Kay Fringed Chevron Throw in Navy by Pendleton | Excellent accent color made in the USA, this fringed 100% wool throw will work well for introducing color into more muted spaces. Another one from Pendleton, it’d be great for a couch, since it’s large enough for two to get cozy.
- Headphone Stand by Heckler Design | Sleek headphone stand in a range of color options using recycled metal from one of their larger products, Heckler Design impresses again with this clever stocking stuffer. Another made in USA product that answers the question of what to do with your headphones.
- Toro Tissue Ring | Stunningly minimal tissue holder designed by Scott Christensen in 2003 still looks incredible a decade later. This is the least amount of material dispensing a tissue can possibly require. Stainless steel, featured in the MoMA‘s collection and displayed in Action! Design Over Time.
- Breath Ultrasonic Cool-Mist Humidifier by Roolen | Beautiful modern humidifier that brims with technology, Breath features an auto mode that adjusts humidification based on room humidity. It holds a 3.15L capacity with small dimensions and is an all original design built from the ground up.
- Bottle Opener Fridge Magnet by Suck U.K. | Clever fridge magnet opens bottles of your favorite beverage in a variety of finishes. Suck U.K. relieves you of the problem of finding your bottle opener after several bottles. If you lose your fridge maybe you should stop.
- Amber Ale Bottle Opener by Dropcatch | Another fridge-mounted bottle opener with the added benefit of being able to magnetically catch caps, instead of picking them up off the floor in the morning. In a range of colors it also comes in two variations of strength, letting you decide which level of hulk you are.
Make sure to check out my other Gift Guide here. Demonstration of proper candle and tissue ring use here. Another design from Heckler in action here. Some other humidifier options are here. Have a favorite? leave it in the comments.